Physician Assistant Degree – Which one should you get?


If you visit PA program sites you will find that most offer a Masters Degree as the entry level degree as a PA. This video compares Miami Dade College, Pennsylvania Technical College and Duke University web sites. In Duke’s case it was a PDF download from the program site. The Masters degree is the basic degree for PA’s now. Big medical centers like Duke require it of all new hires. You can qualify to take the national exam with the completion of any program that is certified by the ARC. I think in the not too distant future, there will be a PhD and cross over programs to put trained PA’s through accelerated medical programs to become MD’s. I would love to hear your opinion in the comments section here.

Categories : PA Programs

Leave a Reply